The Kings Head, Ongar

8 years ago Commercial

Established in 1679 as a coaching inn, The Kings Head is a grade-II-listed building in the heart of Chipping Ongar, Essex. People in Space Architects have restored the 17th-century pub with great care and consideration, with elegant contemporary design incorporated into a building retaining many of its historical features.

A number of skinflint fittings were used, predominately throughout the large function room, with large runs of oversized British pendants by Benjamin suspended within the main dining area and above the bar unusual conical Eastern Bloc pendants. In the more historical heart of the pub delicate Czech glassware pendants have been used drawing focus within the more elegant interior.

Photography: Philip Vile Photography


Products used in this Project

Salvaged Eastern Bloc lighting (V1)

PRODUCT SOLD

1950s vintage industrial lighting

PRODUCT SOLD

Retro Czechoslovakian pendants

144 left