We use cookies on Skinflint for the best experience.

Display price:

VAT

Search

Power station lighting. MK IIW

Luminaire Reference: 13_1711

Extra large parabolic British factory shades with swan neck wall brackets by "Benjamin" salvaged from Cockenzie Power Station, East Lothian, Scotland. Circa 1960. Vitreous enamelled reflector, angled to illuminate a wall or object with original brushed and lacquered steel galleries. Slight localised wear to the enamel adds character and emphasises the industrial heritage of the products. Supplied with new screw (E27) lamp holders.

The catalogue extracts shown are taken from our own internal original manufacturers archive. Circa 1950.

Cockenzie Power Station, a brief history.

Cockenzie Power Station was situated near the town of Cockenzie and Port Seton, East Lothian, Scotland. This heroic modernist structure, which began generating electricity by burning finely ground coal in 1968, was designed in 1959 on the site of the former Preston Links Colliery by RMJM. Although Sir Robert Matthew’s firm was probably more well known for London’s Royal Festival Hall, the power station is no less a fine example of modernism.

The power station occupied a 24 hectare site and generated electricity using four identical 300 megawatt (MW) generating units, for a peak supply of 1200 MW. In 2000-01, Cockenzie generated a record load factor, supplying 3,563 GWh of electricity and burning 1,500,000 tonnes of coal in the process.

Dimensions

Diameter:
Height:

480 mm
800 mm

Length:
Width:

850 (Projection) mm
n/a mm

Weight:

4.2 kg

Colour:

White

Product Sold.

Notes: Can be converted to accept screw (E26) lamp holders (for use in USA) if required. Please state at point of order.


Back to previous page

All dimensions and weights are approximate.
This Product is not IP Rated. For internal use only.
See terms and conditions for more information.

Product Comments:

No comments yet - be the first to add a comment!

You may also be interested in:

vintage industrial green wall light on a swan neck bracket by REVO

Industrial wall lights by REVO


Vintage 1960s wall lights by 'REVO' our favourite manufacturer of the industrial era.

view of lacquered steel bulkhead light with prismatic glass

Salvaged prismatic bulkheads (M)


1950s Cast steel bulkheads with their original prismatic glass lens.

Vintage Czech glass wall lights (V3)


1960s Eastern Bloc glass surface mounted lights. White opaline glass enclosures with a curved surface detail.