Terms & Conditions
Our full Terms and Conditions of Supply are extensive. We know some people like to read documents like this and others don’t. So this document summarises some of the key points detailed in our Terms and Conditions of Supply. It’s not legally binding and is not a substitute for our full Terms and Conditions of Supply (which, if you want to make yourself a flask of coffee and read the whole document, you can find it here!)
Please feel free to give the studio a call on 01326 565227 or email us on [email protected].
Alternatively, you can write to us as at:
skinflint is a proud member of the UK Lighting Industry Association (LIA). As a member we are independently audited, approved and verified to ensure all our lights meet the requirements of BS EN 60598-1, the lighting industry directive covering - classification, marking, mechanical & electrical construction and safety.
Unless specified, all lights are to be considered as ‘used’. This means that signs of wear are likely to be present. We undertake to mention in the item descriptions only those things that may be considered to be of major structural or aesthetic concern. Of course, we’re happy to supply a detailed condition description for any item on request.
The images of the Products shown on our website are for illustrative purposes only.
All dimensions and weights stated within product descriptions are approximate.
All original makers’ marks and labelling are to be disregarded. All products – including those originally designed for exterior use – are now for internal use only. IP ratings of products cannot be guaranteed and, as such, all products are to be treated as IP20.
Unless specified or requested, all products are supplied unwired. This enables flexibility of cable colour and length without impacting on an order’s delivery timeframe. If you would like to change the cable colour or length, or indeed have your light prewired, please contact the studio.
As standard, our original vintage lights, due to their antique and often one off nature, are not UL listed (only applicable on orders to the U.S.A and Canada). However, UL listing can be undertaken upon application, please contact the studio for more information.
The total cost for your order, excepting deliveries outside of the UK or where delivery is on application, will be confirmed before you place your order.
Lifetime Warranty & Repairs
At skinflint we stand by every light we sell. That’s why we offer a 25-year warranty on all our products (excepting light bulbs).
We will always attempt to repair or replace (at a reasonable cost) products that are damaged due to accidents or wear and tear.
The prices on our website are not inclusive of delivery costs (unless you are based in mainland U.K, where standard next day delivery is free on orders over £50).
Lost and damaged orders
In the extremely rare and sad event that your order goes missing or is damaged in transit, please email us. Please do not dispose of the damaged goods as we’ll need them to process your complaint. skinflint must be notified of any issue, including damaged goods, within 24 hours of delivery, and the damaged items returned within 7 days of delivery.
At skinflint we like every light we sell. But we appreciate that sometimes, when it arrives, it’s just not quite right for you. So we offer a money back guarantee on any items that our buyers are not 100% happy with.
The return is subject to the following conditions:
1. The goods are returned in the same condition as they were sent.
2. We receive email notification of your intention to return the goods within 14 days of their arrival, and the goods are returned within 30 days of receipt of purchase.
· A returns form is included with your order. Please include this with your return. If you wish to cancel your order before delivery, please complete our cancellation form, or contact us using the details above.
· If you are returning a product because it’s faulty, we will refund you the price of the goods in full (including any delivery charges) and arrange collection and return to ourselves.
3. The goods returned must be well packed. Return postage is at the buyer’s cost. Any loss or breakages will be the buyer’s responsibility and will result in the refund being void. So please obtain the appropriate insurance with your chosen courier when returning the item(s).
4. Any goods modified at the request of the buyer cannot unfortunately be refunded.
5. The goods have not been installed or modified in any way.
Subject to the above conditions, refunds are processed by the method of original means of payment unless requested otherwise. When we receive a return, we usually refund your order within 7 days and guarantee to refund it within 14 days.
We are unable to offer refunds on any accessories such as power cables or suspension chains that have been cut to order.
Buy-Back Scheme (Full Circle)
At skinflint we are committed to sustainability by keeping our original vintage lights in use forever. So as well as a lifetime warranty that includes repairs, our Full Circle buy-back scheme takes this a step further - allowing you to trade in your skinflint lights in exchange for a 50% credit towards a future purchase.
The buy-back credit is subject to the following conditions:
1. The goods are returned in the same condition as they were sent with discretionary allowance made for general wear & tear by skinflint.
· The original product labels have not been removed or damaged.
· The goods have not been subsequently modified in any way.
2. Proof of original purchase from skinflint is provided.
· Buy-Back Credit notes can only be issued to the original buyer.
3. The goods were purchased after the launch of the Full Circle scheme on 12th October 2020.
· Goods modified at the request of the buyer are not eligible for the scheme.
· All lamps/bulbs and accessories are excluded from the scheme.
· All shipping, packaging and handling costs are excluded from the scheme.
4. The goods have remained in the buyer’s ownership for a minimum period of 12 months.
5. skinflint receive email notification of your intention to return the goods 14 days prior to their arrival.
· A Full Circle returns form can be downloaded here. Please include this with your return.
6. The goods returned must be well packed. Return postage is at the buyer’s cost. Any loss or breakages will be the buyer’s responsibility and will result in any credit being void. So please obtain the appropriate insurance with your chosen courier when returning the item(s).
· Acceptance for buy-back credit will only be fully agreed when the goods have been received and reviewed by skinflint, and written confirmation of the credit value has been provided by skinflint.
· If goods received by skinflint are not accepted for buy-back credit, skinflint is not responsible for their return shipment to the client.
7. Buyers will receive a credit to 50% of the original purchase value of the goods. skinflint reserve the right to amend the credit value if the goods are not deemed acceptable as per the conditions detailed above.
· Credit issued to a buyer can be used against any subsequent order, excluding accessories, modifications and shipping costs.
· There is no time limit on credit notes issued for trade in on the Full Circle scheme unless otherwise detailed by skinflint.
Please ensure you are confident that you meet all the criteria above for trade-in before commencing this process. We’re here to help, so please contact us for clarification on any points.
By law, we recommend that any electrical goods purchased from skinflint be installed and certified by a qualified electrician.
skinflint is in no way liable for the purpose and fitment of goods and services supplied to you. The company has no control over the fitment, suitability and method of their application or use.
Need more help?
If the answer to your question is not explained above, or you would like full details of our obligations and liabilities when you order products from our site, please visit our full Terms and Conditions of Supply here.
Need a bit more help?
Give the studio a call on 01326 565227 or email on [email protected]
Last Updated 12.10.20