Walsall Conduits Ltd of Excelsior Works, West Bromwich, Birmingham, UK were founded in 1890. The foundations of the business were built on the manufacture and supply of steel electrical conduit and accessories. Walsall went onto manufacture a wide array of electrical elements and lighting fixtures for the industrial market with the products’ glass or cast enclosures being branded with the distinctive Walsall mark. By 1961 the company were employing 2000 people. It is not known what became of Walsall but we assume they were swallowed during the mass mergers of the late 1960s.