Simplex Electric Co Lights
Simplex Electric Co was formed in 1932 when Credenda Conduit Co and Simplex Conduits Ltd of Garrison Lane, Birmingham, merged. In addition to lighting equipment and conduits, the company began to manufacture Creda domestic cooking appliances. Between 1932 and 1965 Simplex Electric Co produced a wide range of lighting products but is primarily recognised for its early elegant prismatic street lanterns, bulkheads and latterly for linear industrial fluorescent fixtures. Then as the mass mergers of the 1960s unfolded, the company was bought by General Electric of the U.S.A. and production as Simplex stopped.