AEI Lighting Archive
Associated Electrical Industries (AEI) was established in 1928, a result of a merger between two well known rival electrical companies - Metropolitan-Vickers and British Thomson-Houston. Although they produced a selection of lights alongside other electrical devices, it wasn’t until 1956 that AEI Lamps and Lighting Co. was formed. By 1961 their lighting production had become so successful it became a company in its own right, retaining the brand name AEI until the company was taken over in 1964 to form part of British Lighting Industries.
XL 1950s British industrial lighting
Vintage parabolic factory shades by AEI
Vintage industrial lighting by AEI
Vintage asymmetric factory shades by AEI