A new hands-on role has been created at skinflint as we continue our exciting period of expansion. As part of the growing product development and refurbishment department, you'll be working on practical projects, refurbishing lights, and helping out with orders and returns in and around the workshop.
Our ideal person:
You'll be self-motivated, organised, methodical and have the ability to work under your own initiative as well as being able to operate as part of a small team. Good interpersonal skills are therefore essential, as will being a clear and confident communicator.
You'll be an enthusiastic learner, retaining the confidence and desire to develop your own learning and the approach and ethos of the business as a whole.
The role may require working away from Cornwall within other parts of the UK as and when required, so candidates will need to be able to travel.
As part of the induction to the company, the successful candidate will be required to undertake an extensive journey of learning through all areas of the business in order to fully understand the niche position of the company, the diverse range of lighting products we retail and the team we work with.
- To be directly involved with the daily operations of the workshop including the dismantling, cleaning, assembly and refurbished products.
- To undertake the picking, preparation, packing and labelling of products for dispatch.
- To assist with the delivery of any component orders and undertake their associated storage to the relevant location.
- To assist with the fortnightly production and packaging of Installation kits and component stock check
- To assist with the fortnightly painting and decoration of the companies photography sets and associated preparatory tasks ahead of product photo-shoots.
- To assist with the construction, installation and breakdown of exhibition stands.
Essential and desirable qualifications & skills:
- Experience of working in a team
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organised and ordered approach to work
- Confident communicator
- Experience in physical work/manual handling
- Basic computer literacy (Word, XL, email, web etc)
- Competent and confident driver & Valid UK License (to enable you to collect components and products off site)
- Experience with CAD, Photoshop and Social Media
- Employment background withinDesign environment
- Background in lighting
- Basic electrical knowledge
- Degree level education
To apply, please attach your CV and a cover letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role to [email protected]
Application deadline 30/06/2019