Join team skinflint
skinflint is Europe’s leading vintage lighting retailer. We’re on a mission to salvage and restore vintage lights that would otherwise go to landfill. Our team is growing and we’re on the hunt for a Marketing & Brand Assistant to support the creation of marketing, brand and PR campaigns. Each light has a story to tell and our new Marketing & Brand Assistant will help bring our lights to life, supporting on everything from social media campaigns to press releases, photoshoots and events, engaging our audiences across private, commercial, international and prop-hire markets. Sound good?
What you’ll be doing
- Assisting the Marketing Manager and Brand & Strategy Manager in delivering the company’s marketing and brand plan, as well as its associated campaigns.
- Working on integrated campaigns across print, editorial, digital, social, email and PR, with everything from image sourcing to proofreading copy, liaising with journalists and engaging with online communities.
- Editing photography and video content, creating client facing visuals for our website, social channels and press releases.
- Generating, uploading and maintaining content for social and digital channels, ensuring our comms are engaging our audiences through regular updates.
- Handling daily marketing enquiries via phone and email, liaising with the Marketing and Brand & Strategy teams.
- Engaging with key clients to follow up on projects for images and information, seeking feedback and obtaining testimonials.
Who you are
- You’ll be a bringer of ideas and a confident communicator with excellent written and spoken English.
- You’ll have two years of experience in a previous marketing, brand, PR, or similar role.
- You’ll have a creative eye with skills in photography, film and video editing.
- You’ll be confident with the Adobe Creative Suite, comfortable using platforms like Photoshop and Lightroom.
- You’ll enjoy being part of a small team, working in a relaxed office-based environment near Falmouth, Cornwall.
Where you’ll be
Location: Penryn, Cornwall
Role: Full time, permanent
Salary 22k depending on skills
Learning opportunities including training for areas of interest and development.
Social events including team and volunteering days.
A generous holiday allowance with 30 days (pro-rata) and an extra day for every year worked with the business.
A birthday treat of an extra day of holiday to spend celebrating as you wish.
Health and wellness initiatives including free eye tests and an employee assistance programme.
Life at skinflint
Our studio and workshop teams work closely together to make the magic happen. But when we’re not at our desks, we’re probably at the beach… We value time out of the office so we regularly plan trips like go-karting, fishing, long lunches, seaweed foraging and cooking courses. It’s something we do to encourage ourselves to put down our pens, paper, phones and laptops and spend time together enjoying the simple things in life. We give back to our communities and encourage our team to spend volunteer days with NGOs that are important to them, because our team means the world to us.
Diversity and inclusion
At skinflint, our people are valued, respected, heard and encouraged to be their unique selves. We know that our people define our success and that a good idea can come from anywhere. That’s why we create and maintain diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunities. We will continue to build an inclusive team from a variety of backgrounds, skills and views through a non discriminatory application, interview and hiring process. If you have questions, or needs that require accommodating, please get in touch with us.
The application process
Candidates should send a CV and Covering Letter to [email protected]. Interviews will be held at our studio in Penryn, Cornwall and will take place as and when we receive applications. Applications close on the 4th of December 2022. For further information or a full job description, please contact the careers team. We can’t wait to hear from you!